Topband: JT65/JT9 MODES

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: JT65/JT9 MODES
From: Jim <wa3mej@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 00:46:06 +0000 (UTC)

Alex,

  I much imagine a similar statement was uttered many years ago when the first
use of AM transmitters came into use and probably again when SSB came into use.

Its not that it is better .... simply different and allows users to expand
their avenues of experiencing ham radio.  I can tell you this however.. I can
and have made contacts with 30 watts on JT65 that took me 1Kw to make on CW..
This has happened on several occasions from this station and within about 5 or
10 minutes time and on Top Band to boot.. Play around experience all that ham
radio has to offer don't worry about the mode... learn what works and   LET THE
GOOD TIMES ROLL.

Jim WA3MEJ

<Hello brethren,

<I?m ready to be crucified yet I couldn?t resist asking a question:
<What's the value of JT modes qso for a dxer?
<IMHO Digimodes undermine the value of low band dxing. I don't arfue over
reliability of the modes and their help in extension <of hamradio capabilities
in general yet JT and such do not require much from the operator.

<With all due respect,

<Alex

Long Live Seal Team VI

http://www.qsl.net/wa3mej/index.htm