Re: Topband: Switching Pennants

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Switching Pennants
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:20:38 -0400
Most common K9AY relay-switching configuration involves a single
transformer, with relay-switching at the high impedance side, and just
inches of run from the transformer to the relays to the loops. The unused
loops are left open (not connected either side).

The proposed single-transformer pennant relay configuration sounds almost
exactly the same. (Except no "reversing relay" as termination is
symmetrical.)

Pennants are typically just a little bit higher impedance than K9AY, yes?

Tim N3QE