Re: Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:14:30 -0700
On 9/2/2014 10:06 AM, Jim Brown wrote:

I'm supporting high dipoles fed by RG11 up 120 ft with the 5/16-in stuff
that DX Eng sells. They are run though top-grade pulleys, tied down at
the base of one tree, 100# of dry sand at the base of the other tree.
The major issue with the rope is wear -- the pulleys must be first grade
to avoid abrasion, which WILL eventually break the rope.

Can anyone recommend some first grade pulleys?  I am looking for
something bigger than what they have at hardware stores, 3 or 4
inch.

Rick N6RK