Re: Topband: Summer Stew Perry results on line

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>, 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Summer Stew Perry results on line
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:35:20 -0700
Only two stations as far west as a "D" grid
square, and they only accounted for 27 QSO's
between them.  I should have gotten on to give
out a token "C" grid.  (That weekend was bad for
me this year, I was busy getting ready for
Field Day).  I would also suggest for the
summer stew that everyone run QRO, if
they can, to overcome the usual QRN, and to
boost activity.  This is not the time to
show off what you can do with QRP.  And a
reminder to our friends in New England
that California is worth almost as many
points for you as Europe, in this contest.
(Thanks, Tree, for inventing this scoring
system).

Rick N6RK
CM98