Topband: Beverage Termination Question

To: "Dennis W0JX" <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage Termination Question
From: "k1fz" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 16:26:12 -0500
Dennis,

Best to use a seperate ground rod, as signals can couple through a common ground rod connection. Seperation needed depends upon type of earth. Try 5 feet from others. Beverage notes www.qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html

73
Bruce-K1FZ

I want to put up a temporary, single wire 358 degree beverage for the winter. The angle between the two antennas will be approximately 45 degrees. Can I ground the 470 ohm termination resistor for the single wire beverage to the same ground system used by the NE/SW bi-directional without serious interaction?

Or must I drive a separate ground rod for the single wire antenna? If so, how far must it be spaced from the bi-directional ground system?

73, Dennis W0JX