Re: Topband: QRP ARCI 160 meter sprint

To: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>, topBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: QRP ARCI 160 meter sprint
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:43:26 -0500
Thank you James! I do not think I have done the QRP ARCI events in the past
but I will give this 160M one a try. Wednesday right before Thanksgiving
actually works out well for me. This will be my first SO2R effort, and I
will be doing some improvements to give me pushbutton receive antenna
selection at both rigs.

There is also a NAQCC 160M event coming up in January:
http://naqcc.info/sprint201501_160.html

In the NAQCC 160M events I reliably have good solid exchanges with from
upper midwest down to Texas. My west-facing pennant is a real winner to
upper midwest and my K9AY pointing SW works good for Texas and Georgia etc.

Sweepstakes certainly doesn't have much representation on 160M but I was
very impressed by many impressive QRP station performances on 80M in both
CW and SSB sweepstakes.

Tim N3QE