Topband: G3LZQ SK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: G3LZQ SK
From: "Neil G0JHC" <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 16:46:41 -0000
Sorry to learn  that we have lost a good top band friend,  John G3LZQ, who
has passed away today December 8th 2014.

Difficult to meet  a nicer person, always greeted you like a long lost
friend at the Conventions and just an all-round good guy to be around and
learn from.
He also worked tirelessly as a volunteer awards manager for the RSGB, ARRL,
IARU, & CQ Magazine, of which many were grateful for the service. I believe
John was  still checking cards until very recently.
Our last conversation, a few weeks ago, centred around another of his
passions, cricket.  John?s team had just won the County  Championship and my
team had just been relegated. We had a good ?laugh? about it.

RIP John G3LZQ.

Neil G0JHC