Topband: 160m RX antenna testing surrogates?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160m RX antenna testing surrogates?
From: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 12:32:28 -0500
Here in the US we have the AM broadcast band which I assume other countries
can use as 160m testing surrogates to some degree.

Are there other DX broadcasters either just above or below 160m that I
could use for testing my RX antennas when ham sigs aren't available? My QTH
is Maryland, USA. I'm particularly interested in EU and SA as those
directions are my best opportunities for adding to my DXCC list.

It would be nice if the system of beacons included 160m some day. I've been
using those on the upper bands and found them very useful.

73

jim ab3cv