Re: Topband: K levels and skew path on 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K levels and skew path on 160
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 22:58:19 -0500 (EST)
Hi JC,

Thanks for your interesting email. You may be correct that SSE/SSW
long path propagation may not extend very far into the southern
hemisphere. I wasn't aware of the NNE/NNW observations by
our southern hemisphere friends. It also appears that SSE/SSW long
path is more reliable for more southerly locations in the USA than it is
for higher latitude locations.

Unfortunately there usually isn't enough activity in southeast asia for us to
make regular observations, you were fortunate to be able to have long
term observations with XU7ACY and DU7ET .

Thanks

73
Frank
W3LPL