Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule
From: Cecil <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 15:17:36 -0600

> On Jan 29, 2015, at 12:52 PM, "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
>

> One example is keeping DXCC when someone moves from one coast to another. I
> remember when W2EQS/W9NFC had to start his 160 DXCC over from zero from
> Indiana because he moved from NJ to Indiana. Today, he could move from
> California to Maine and keep his totals.

It's one thing for your place of residence to change over a career or
lifetime...it's totally another to, based on the contest or location of the
desired DX, be able to selectively choose your receive system location to
minimize or eliminate the geographical and/or propagational challenges that
anyone operating in your same geographical area are faced with.  And to take it
a step further...why spend the time and money to develop your station to
modestly competitive levels when you can pay 50 cents per minute to operate one
someone else built in a much more desirable location...such as a few hundred
miles from the counters instead of several thousand...  Incentive gone!

> The important thing is to not make imaginary problems where none exist

Really...

Cecil
K5DL