Re: Topband: Is self-spotting ALWAYS wrong?

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Is self-spotting ALWAYS wrong?
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 17:59:39 -0500
I agree, Gary. Over the years I've seem a number of DX stations do that -
especially on quiet bands or if they  have more modest stations, or are in
really far-away places. It's never bothered me and I've always just viewed
as an invitation and an announcement that they are QRV. Of course, alerting
the "packlet-rats",  is likely to get a lot of action!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV