Topband: Beverage guidance needed

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverage guidance needed
From: Charles Yahrling <cfytech24x7@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 17:35:41 +0000
Hey guys,

I'm doing some winter antenna daydreaming based on Low Band DXing and other
sources.   Is
it safe to say that an E-W  Beverage or a BOG would be ineffective if the
wire were run through a wooded area,
with or without a narrow lane cut for it? or is "try it and find out" the
favored approach?

My only semi site would be N-S along a property line along a road, directly
across from power lines on conventional poles.

E-W,  reversible, would favor western europe and western US.  My lot is a 5
acre wooded trapezoid so 500-600 feet would be
max practical length.

tnx in advance

73, chuck

--