Re: Topband: K1N 5,399 q's on 160 M

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K1N 5,399 q's on 160 M
From: jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:57:38 +0000
I consider VP6DX to be one of the top all time 160 meter DX operations. Despite
being thousands of miles from North America, they worked many small stations
including me (at the time had just moved so a random wire thrown over the house
and 100 watts).

K1N had a great signal on 160, well over S-9 most nights - but seemed to be
having difficulty hearing callers. Despite a full size inverted L, I was not
QSO 5,400...

 - Jon N0JK