Re: Topband: K1N 5,399 q's on 160 M

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K1N 5,399 q's on 160 M
From: Mike <patriot121@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:44:01 -0800
Larry .. don't jump all over me .... what exatcly was "in my control" of k1n ? --- sure i could risk a fine by calling on 3775 ....

I listened almost 10hrs straight (my wife not exactly happy - on saturday ), while cleaning my radio room up ( garage) and via remote in the living room... i didn't ever hear a notification that he was listening ... up at 3800+ ... plenty of notices of 70Khz up. ---- and frankly .... do 100% of the hams have radios that are capable of splits that wide .... i see why heathkit twins were popular !!!

*I'm asking what did i miss* .... besides not having a extra call .... its obious -- and ill state it any ways .. that i couldn't advance my call to extra in 2days ...

I probably got my self banned from dxwatch.com for making requests for some one to ask k1n to go to general .....

were there 2ops on one band ? one working the Tx radio and another in the general portion ?, it was not mentioned on their web page.

I hope ANTO is going to be adhered to ... it sounded like a good idea to me ...

I guess i'll upgrade my call ... it is disappointing that location will not be operating again for more than 10+years.

I never thought of trying to get ahold of the chopper pilot to pass a message .... that was a good idea.

PS ... i can't use a tuner i don't have -- ref to 60M (mfj-1798 antenna) .... Im not a DX chaser .. i'm the normal "once in a while" weekend guy that has a hobby that the XYL tolerates.