Topband: 160 Tower on 80

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160 Tower on 80
From: Glenn Biggerstaff <ww4b73@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 20:15:42 -0500
Hi all, I have a 90 foot Rohn 25 tower with an insulated base and insulated guy
wire sections for top loading ,base fed for 160 meters. It work great ,but I
would like to use it on 80 meters as well.
The 3 ideas I have considered are voltage feed  at the base  with a resonant LC
network  at the base, but I am a little worried about the voltages present at
legal limit power. Second idea,disconnect the top loading and put a trap
between the top loading and the tower to divorce the top loading on eighty then
an L network at the base for 80. Third idea, run a wire as a sloper either a
quarter wave fed against ground or a 1/2 wave dipole from the tower.
Any thoughts or alternative ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn WW4B