Re: Topband: RG-6 questions

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RG-6 questions
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 00:57:19 -0500
Rick,

This has been discussed here in the past. IIRC, the consensus was that most
name-brand F6 and RG-6 coax with a CCS center conductor has a sufficiently
thick coating of copper for 160m. The difference between solid copper and
CCS is well under 1 dB.

Type the following into Google to access some of that info:

site:contesting.com RG-6 CCS loss 160

73, Mike