Re: Topband: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 20:34:29 -0700
I almost gave up Amateur Radio living and working here in Las Vegas, where the
average subdivision lot is 4000sqft or less. Not to mention CC&Rs. A city acre
these days is just shy of $1-million.

My station is network controlled to my Arizona ranch property 200 miles away. I
make it very clear that all contacts are from Arizona and not from Nevada on
QRZ. It's been that way for ten years. Any real contest efforts are made on
site. There have been times when weather prohibited me from getting into the
remote site safely. In that case I bag the test and make a few random remote
QSOs. All operation is from the remote and meets the radius rules for receivers
and transmitter.

Quote Mike W0MU,

"You need to hear my transmitter from your location and I need to hear
yours from mine.

I am a proponent of remote radio where ALL of the receiving and
transmitting is done from the same SINGLE remote site with the same
distance radius for that equipment to be in."

Seems to me this is a fair and equitable solution. Enforceable, probably not.

--
W7RH DM35OS

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former.
Albert Einstein