Re: Topband: BOG antennas

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: BOG antennas
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 10:55:16 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Felipe,

Suggest you examine this website:

http://n4dj.com/Beverage.html

73
Frank
W3LPL

----- Original Message -----

From: "Filipe Lopes" <ct1ilt@gmail.com>
To: "k1fz" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Cc: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:18:01 PM

Hello Bruce,

This is a very interesting subject.

I am about to "maybe" test a BOG here at my French QTH and I am wondering
if there are any tests made with best terminating resistance (235ohm? )
should I use a 9:1 transformer or 10:1 ?

how does it perform compared to a usuall beverage?

Can I cross 2 BOGs for 2 directions or more? will this affect the antenna
pattern?

I recently built an W7IUV preamp, will it be OK for the BOG ?

Thanks in advance.

73's Filipe Lopes
CT1ILT - CR6K
F4VPX - TM3M