Re: Topband: Boradband noise on 160 meters tracked down to apartment com

To: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Boradband noise on 160 meters tracked down to apartment complex
From: Bill Wichers <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 22:14:27 +0000
Don, you should request that the technician install the new conduit runs using
compression couplings and connectors instead of the more common setscrew type.
Compression couplings make a much better electrical connection between sticks
of conduit which will be better to keep the conduit acting as a proper shield.

The manufacturer of the motor drive will likely specify a maximum wire distance
between the drive and the motor.

It sounds like you're lucky and have a tech that wants to help!

Bill KB8WYP
Presently in Dayton and hoping it doesn't rain all weekend.

Sent from my iPhone