Re: Topband: WD-1A wire

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: WD-1A wire
From: "Dave Blaschke, w5un" <w5un@wt.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 23:47:10 +0000
I've used WD-1A wire here for years for my Beverages, which are all over 600' long. The receiver preamp handles loss OK in the forward direction. In the reverse direction I use a W7IUV external preamp due to extra signal loss. This is no problem on 160 or 80 meters.

Be careful with this wire, as if the insulation gets scraped somewhere along the antenna the iron core will rust through and the copper wires can then open. This has happened to me on several occasions.

Dave, W5UN