Topband: A midsummer nights contest

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A midsummer nights contest
From: N7DF via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 15:04:07 +0000 (UTC)
 With the QRN levels the lowest that had been seen in several weeks it looked
promising when WD5R was banging in half an hour before sunset.  Five hours
later with a stunning 12 contacts in the logs WD5R was still 20 over S9.
Several weak, fluttering signals were being heard with occasional bursts of
dits and dahs from meteor trails.  It was an interesting experience and I did
not regret spending the time but I think I will wait until fall to spend much
time on 160.  Maybe a brief excursion during field day.BTW check out the
celestial light show in the western sky just after sunset.  he bright stars you
see are Jupiter and Venus.  They will keep getting closer together each evening
or the next several days and then begin pulling apart as Venus gradually
becomes dimmer.