Re: Topband: Fwd: ARRL Board meets next week - I'm looking for input

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: ARRL Board meets next week - I'm looking for input
From: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 14:01:07 -0500
I am fascinated by the enforceability argument. There are a number
unenforceable DXCC rules. And they JUST ADDED A NEW ONE in January ("For the
purpose of DXCC credit, all transmitters and receivers must be located
within a 500-meter diameter circle, excluding antennas"). At some point it
really does come down to honor. Some folks have it, some folks don't.

The recent rules "tweaking" was accompanied by lots of words about ethics,
with little clarification of what that word means. While it seems simple,
many are equating "ethics" with "rules". They are not usually the same
thing.

- Larry K5RK