Re: Topband: DXCC etc

To: "topband@contesting.com topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DXCC etc
From: Yuri Blanarovich <k3bu@optimum.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 19:17:05 -0400 (EDT)
What matters? Technology.

Engine on a sail boat, Cessna vs. glider, biker vs. runner and "competing" in the same category. (According to ham radio "logic")

DXCC was destroyed by lists and nets waaaay baaaack.

Now contesting, results, record tables are being destroyed by Internet, remotes and rentastations.

ARRL is just like another dumb gummit bureaucracy. See the "recognition" of Russian occupation of Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. Thousands of dead freedom loving Ukrainians, not even UN and US State Dept. matter. What you expect? Maybe tax on rentastation rental fee, or per QSO? Welcome to Ham Radio Commerce!

I lost appetite for playing with competitive radios. Thanks to Ham Radio for great old times, learning and building stations, getting me out of commie hell, influence in my career and many great friends I made.

Tony Soprano was right: "Fuggetaboutit"! Good luck to further perversion of our beloved hobby/sport. I might try to 'splain more to those who don't get it, but wonder if it will do any good.

I am getting back to photo/video. Technology there is allowing some amazing things, UHD, 3D, VR, drones.

73 Yuri,
K3BU.us, VE3BMV etc.

 On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 03:08 PM, Roger D Johnson wrote:

 > I just did a quick perusal of the current DXCC rules. If I understand them correctly:

1. Another ham can operate my station, using my call, and the contacts count
towards my DXCC.

2. I can go to his station, sign my call, and the contacts count towards my DXCC.

So...the station doesn't matter and the operator doesn't matter. What the heck
matters anymore?

73, Roger