Re: Topband: LOTW report downloads

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: LOTW report downloads
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 10:32:51 -0700
On Fri,7/31/2015 5:19 AM, Charles Yahrling wrote:
Looking for some tricks on getting LOTW download report into a more usable
format.

I use DXKeeper, an excellent general purpose ham logger. It imports and exports ADIF files, and with a few mouse clicks, uploads and downloads automatically to LOTW and eQSL. I'm an active contester. For day-to-day operation, I log directly to DXKeeper. For contests, I use N1MM Plus. After each contest, I export the contest log as an ADIF, then import it to DXKeeper, and let DXKeeper send it to LOTW and eQSL.

DXKeeper does lots of good stuff, including keeping track of all sorts of awards, QSLs, generates mailing labels, etc. It's FREE, bug free, and well supported. It's part of a suite of programs, some of which I find quite useful -- Spot Collector, which looks at cluster spots, compares them with your log, and shows you only those you "need" for an award; Commander, a rig control program that reads frequency and operating mode and puts it in DXKeeper (and does other stuff if you want it to); DXView that looks up beam headings and distance when you enter a call; WinWarbler, which integrates MMTTY and 2Tone for RTTY, and also does other digital modes.

And -- program author, Dave, AA6YQ, is one of the team that's been cleaning up LOTW operation.

73, Jim K9YC