Topband: Kits 'n Parts Preamp Kit Works!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Kits 'n Parts Preamp Kit Works!
From: "Bill & Liz" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 14:15:37 -0400
I built one of these preamps way back when Diz first began offering them.  It
works great!  I also purchased several spare 2N5109 as he had the best price.
Again, good transistors.

I tested the K ‘n P model preamp which I had built for a friend against a W7IUV
which I had built some years before ‘dead bug” style for myself and both showed
about the same gain and low noise. I still run W7IUV preamps on my K9AY loops
as well as some other RX antennas though have been thinking about changing one
out for a Norton type.

Bill VE3NH