Re: Topband: HMC580 instead of W7IUV preamp

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: HMC580 instead of W7IUV preamp
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 21:02:03 -0500
Given the recent discussion about the need for low-noise preamps for the
Waller Flag, it would be interesting to learn what the NF on 160 for this
device might be.

It's rated for "DC" up into the GHz range. However, as N4IS pointed out, a
good NF at VHF does not mean a good or better NF below 2 MHz.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com