Topband: Delaware DX report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Delaware DX report
From: "Jon Zaimes" <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 08:18:48 -0400
The weeks approaching the equinox have brought steady VK/ZL/KH6 openings
before sunrise.

This morning we had a pleasant surprise with JH1HDT calling in at 10:30z for
our first JA of the season. A bit later than in many years, but always a
nice benchmark. Signal was skewed a bit, peaking on the 750-foot west
Beverage, with no copy on the NW (direct path) phased pair and nil either on
the SW Beverage. There might have been another JA calling afterward but
couldn't pull out.

E6GG was worked at 1045z, just a few minutes before our sunrise.

The band conditions were quiet today, with little QRN.

73/Jon AA1K

Delaware

www.aa1k.us