Re: Topband: ADC Overload

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ADC Overload
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:28:30 -0500
An SDR is better for several things, yes. One advantage is that
near-perfect extremely narrow filters can (and do) exist in software. But
as a recent thread here* established, there is *NO* SDR that can perform as
well as a good ear-brain combo for copying the very weakest of signals
buried in the noise. Maybe someday, but the future has not arrived yet. :-)

*I posted a question here and the Linrad reflector on August 4, and
received many informative replies. Many can be viewed at
lists.contesting.com/_topband/2015-08/msg00008.html

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com