Re: Topband: RFI - Lots of it

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RFI - Lots of it
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 16:03:06 -0700
On Sun,10/25/2015 3:13 PM, Jim Murray via Topband wrote:
This Summer I spent a lot of time and effort putting up an Inverted L and
radial system.

An important part of moving to a new QTH is grounding and bonding. One of the things I did in my professional life was teach grounding and bonding to audio and video professionals. Here's my tutorial on the topic focusing on techniques applicable to ham radio.

http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf

I moved into a new QTH 10 years ago. It was out in the country, but it was very noisy. Over the following year or so, I discovered that grounding and bonding was a disaster -- it violated very rule in the book. Once I corrected those fundamental errors, it's now pretty quiet most of the time.

73, Jim K9YC