Topband: Rats, Rodents AND Beavers

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Rats, Rodents AND Beavers
From: "dick.bingham" <dick.bingham@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 22:04:50 -0800
While you may be having issues with rats and rodents, I have issues with
Beavers !

I got up one morning and walked outside and discovered my 160-meter antenna was
laying on the ground. First thought was Damn! - the support rope snapped. But
further checking revealed the Vine Maple limb to which the end of the support
rope was connected was GONE !

It was chewed-off and hanging up in the Cottonwood tree about 75-feet in the
tree limbs. I'll bet that Beaver was puzzled that the chewed-off tree went up
instead of down.

Keeping our antennas functioning well can be a challenge. . .

73 to all

Dick/w7wkr CN98pi