Topband: Vertical Antenna on a cliff above the Sea

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Vertical Antenna on a cliff above the Sea
From: Robb Webb Proprietor of Robb Webb Photography <robb@robbwebbphotography.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 12:07:03 +0000
Good day fellow Topband Experimenters.
When it comes to antennas I am a keen experimenter but technically a suck it
and see merchant rather than a design pro so I ask for your expert opinions.
I live near a high cliff overlooking the sea. The cliff faces south, is a good
100ft high and is made up of mud and clay that over the years has been
collapsing into the sea. I am considering mounting my Topband dipole as a
vertical antenna above the cliff edge with the ground portion of the antenna
going down the cliff edge below the vertical portion. I'm aware I may need to
add radials but is there anything else I should need to consider. This is in
preparation for the Boxing Day Stew Perry contest.
Thanks for your help.
Robb
G0URR

Robb Webb Photography