Topband: SB-1000

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: SB-1000
From: Jim Murray via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 18:56:25 +0000 (UTC)
If it is being driven with 50 watts or more and does not tune into a 50 ohm
load, I'd carefully inspect the entire tank circuit and wiring of the tank.
This includes the switch (as Herb suggested).

Thanks to all.  I will go over it again today.  I initially started out on 160
and then moved on to other bands.  On 160 I could not get any increase in grid
current, it came up but no increase with plate tuning but may  not have applied
enough drive.  Staying below the 200ma grid and 400ma plate and just shooting
for 500-600 watts on all bands right now.  I did go over the switch before
using the amp and it looked good and also deoxit it. The only  thing I changed
was 115v to 220.  Probably just operator error since it's been a  while doing
any maxing and dipping:)Jimk2hn