Re: Topband: SB-1000

To: "Jim Murray" <adkmurray@yahoo.com>, "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: SB-1000
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 19:05:06 -0500
Thanks to all for info on the capacitor. The only place I had checked was rf parts but have not ordered yet. Also wanted to come up with a #8 brass washer. I'll go with a new original cap from Ameritron/mfj. I saw the plate choke there but not the cap, will follow the link. I'll still be on 100W for a while. I've been hearing pretty well on beverage/Inv.L but not being heard that well on the Inv.L., Thanks again.
Jimk2hn

The OEM capacitor, which will be stable,  is $26.45   from Ameritron.

http://www.ameritron.com/Product.php?productid=290-0170-7

It is $29.95 from RF parts.

Both are N750 types. You need a #6 lug, a short #6 screw (3/16th long), and some #16 bus wire plus a brass washer that Ameritron will have. The chokes come from Ameritron no matter where you buy them.

I'd just get it all from Ameritron, since they will also have the hardware and appear to be less expensive.

73 Tom