Re: Topband: Stew Perry Preliminary Results

To: Jeff Kincaid <w6jk@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry Preliminary Results
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 19:37:02 -0500
Spring Stew Perry. That's neat.

Should really just be called the Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter Stew
Perry. None of them a "test" version. All of them one gets in there and
does it as a regular contest, with to-date stats leading up to the winter
as the final entry in an ANNUAL score. Each contest would have its own
scores, and at the end of the year, add those up for the ANNUAL score. That
will get the participation up in parts of the year that get ignored on 160.

What you do about awards? Maybe composite awards for the calendar year,
with to-date stats leading up to the winter as the final entry in an ANNUAL
score.

SPTBC is a contest I can do four times a year. People will get used to a
four-times-a-year Stew Perry.  The original Stew is the final for the
annual score.

If one got flummoxed by a 160 equipment or antenna problem, you don't have
to wait until the next year to try again. For the annual score, you can try
and make it up.

A 160 SBSO entry in the ARRL DX or CQWW DX just does not have the same
participation as a 160 only contest.

73, Guy K2AV