Re: Topband: SPTBDC Scheduling

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: SPTBDC Scheduling
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 16:38:51 -0400
Gary K9MMS says (in part)

??I think that the timing of the December Stew is very poor.  Having it
right

near Christmas when many people are busy with family get togethers makes it

difficult or impossible??

          I?ll have to respectfully disagree with my friend Gary/MMS there.

It?s specifically BECAUSE it?s just after Xmas that I can find some time to
operate the Stew as I have a couple days off by then !

Some years it?s back to back with the RAC Winter contest (which is a big
deal up here in the Great White North, eh) and that makes it really really
tough to keep going doing 2 contests back to back like that, but this year
was superb timing indeed.

If I hadn?t been so lazy, I would?ve played the entire 14hrs.

I was too tired from antenna repairs, snowblowing etc and only have myself
to blame for the reduced score, however contest timing was awesome?..not to
mention avg or slightly above avg condx to EU from here with my hastily
installed wimpy wire on Xmas day.

So, yes, Xmas season is hectic, however I still found time late at night
once everyone went to bed, to put in 9½hrs.(max is 14 hrs)

Keep it as is and stay away from RAC Winter dates please !

Mike VE9AA

p.s.-if you plan to be a contender for a plaque or want to place in the top
5, then yes, Xmas and Family will certainly hamper a total iron pants-BIC
?super SERIOUS? effort. (if that?s what Gary means, then I guess I?ll agree,
however judging from the 3830 results, very few played the entire 14hrs.

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB