Re: Topband: Commercial 160 antennas?

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Commercial 160 antennas?
From: GALE STEWARD via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 22:03:04 +0000 (UTC)
I have to agree with Jim on this. At one time, I had both a 80M and a 160M
inverted vee at the top of a 100ft tower. The location was on the top of a
ridge and much better than average.
While the 80M inverted vee was a very good DX antenna (could work JA's LP from
SE PA at sunset), the 160M was a mediocre DX performer at best. I was running
1200W on both bands. A 90ft vertical at the same location on 160 was MUCH
better.
FWIW...
73, Stew K3ND