Re: Topband: Stew Beef

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Beef
From: K4OWR <k2owr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 14:14:35 -0500
*:::: Excellent! Point made far better than I did**
**BILL*

On 1/3/2016 2:01 PM, Tree wrote:
I guess one point that needs to be kept in mind - if you add up the
contests that have an impact to normal DX operation - it probably is about
10 nights a year.

In some of these contests - I have worked DX countries that are not active
outside of contests - or have worked new ones in the preparations leading
up to the contests.

That leaves something like 355 nights a year with no contests.   I
understand some people don't like them and they turn off their radio - but
if you look at the overall activity level during a contest and compare it
to outside of contest - there are many more people "enjoying" the band
during those 10 or so nights.

Good discussion - but let's keep the numbers in mind.

Tree N6TR