Re: Topband: Band opening?

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Band opening?
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 16:21:28 -0500
My logging software is Logic9, it's not free and has just one author
to make changes as he deems fit. It has a spot log feature that is
very well done. It does takes a bit of time to set the software up
exactly how and to what you want to be notified about but it will
give a real time audible "Alert" about a needed entity through your
speakers if you select that option, it will also send you an email
about the sighting on the cluster if you desire. As I have it set, it
only shows cluster posts from North America. I have it set to use
telnet and html based data.

Since it works with your personal log data, it knows what you need
for new contacts as per what you describe in the spot log and band
table setup and will show you everything spotted or just the new ones
you need (your choice). If all you are interested in is 160, you go
to the band setup and tell the program to not follow all bands except
160 and then you get to refine that to lets say; only CW. So all you
would see are all the 160 CW cluster posts from North America. If you
select a particular check box option on the spot log main window,
then it will only show 160 CW posts from North America that you have
never worked.

I have stopped using Logic's contesting formats which are very easy
to configure and use and am now using N1MM and after the contest,
import the contacts into Logic where the import is seamless. N1MM
does more as it is a program designed solely for contesting. Logic9
though is a fabulous program to; get alerted by, keep track of all
your awards and handle just about all of your ham radio related data
needs.

I find the spot log as I have set it up for my desires, invaluable.
Once you work a country, the color of the post in the spot log
changes. Once you confirm that QSO via LOTW or card, you no longer
see that country listed (unless you choose to see all posts, in which
case you  will see that call but it will be in black lettering so you
know at a glance if you need it or not.

73 & HNY,

Gary
KA1J