Re: Topband: W1BB (not K1BB)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: W1BB (not K1BB)
From: Nagi <nagi@nmt.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 00:19:53 +0900
Gary and all,

DXing on the Edge, The Thrill of 160 Meters which was wrote by Jeff K1ZM
is a very good book to know the history about 160m.
It describes Stew W1BB very in detail.

And you can read about Stew by his Web site.
http://www.k1zm.com/w1bb

Also you can see 160Meter News issued by W1BB  on Tom W8JI 's site.
http://www.w8ji.com/160_history.htm

Low-Band DXing by John ON4UN introduces the history of 160M and
old timers, too.

I visited Stew W1BB on April in 1981 and stayed for a few days.
Stew welcomed me, a young man from far east and treated me well.
He talked about the history of 160m and DX passionately, show me a shack and
antennas at his main house as well as a shack and antennas at the water tower
which located in a little far.
Although he and I had made a lot of schedules, we never successed to QSO of
W1BB - JA on 160M. That is a shame.

The pictures of Stew I took were used in Jeff's book and site, and the book of
John that make me feel proud of.
I took a lot of pictures during my stay. I would like to organize them and up onto
my web site after my retirement.
Time really goes fast. 35 years have passed since then.

73,   Aki  JA5DQH