Re: Topband: strange propagation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: strange propagation
From: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 07:39:52 -0600
> Please sign your emails with your callsign (assuming you have one)

He's looking at YOU, Lou ("Conversion King") Parascondola.

> so I am getting this issue looked at by the owner to see what he says

and

> I will check on this with the RHR group

You seem pretty tight with these guys. What is your affiliation?

> Furthermore, the ARRL has looked into the legality and published in QST
http://www.remotehamradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/RHR-ARRL-REVIEW.pdf

I specifically asked someone at the League whether they have examined
commercial remote operation from a legal standpoint and was told "no". A
product review by a non-lawyer hardly counts as a legal review. If the
League has performed such a review, perhaps they would be willing to share
it with us. Likewise for the RHR guys. It will never happen.

> We have to see if RHR is a registered trademark

Yes, RHR is a registered trademark. And the trademark is not held by
remotehamradio.com.

> I joined this reflector not quite a week ago.  I am new to 160 meters

Looks like we found the expert.

- Larry K5RK