Re: Topband: RFI - 1825.5

To: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: RFI - 1825.5
From: Carl Braun <Carl.Braun@lairdtech.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 02:17:27 +0000
Tony

I have similar birdies on 160 but my worst one resides at the bottom of the 75m
DX window at 3790 or so.  It's 5kc wide and sounds like a digital warbler. Some
say its a neighbors noisy router that peaks at S9 when I switch to the
southwest.

My nice neighbor lady with the megawatt solar system just informed me that they
ran a horizontal "electric wire" around the top of their half acre dog pen to
keep their inbred dogs from launching over the 4' fence. Ugh.   Isn't that the
same design Marconi used???

I plan on getting my Icom IC91 out with my three element 2m sniffer yagi and
start walking the streets tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck

Carl AG6X

Sent from my iPhone