Re: Topband: W8JI is bailing out of this reflector?

To: <sawyered@earthlink.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: W8JI is bailing out of this reflector?
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 08:06:15 -0700
When controversial topics are discussed on email reflectors, it's human
nature for people to become emotional. However, it is important that
exchanges remain polite and respectful of opposing viewpoints. The list
moderator has the responsibility to step in and curtail inappropriate
commentary. One way to do this is to place the offender intto a "penalty
box" of  a couple weeks (allowing receiving but not sending emals)  for
first offenders, and then banning the offender if the inappropriate activity
resumes. The other major responsibility of a moderator is to curtail
discussions that have gone on too long without being productive or that have
meandered off topic. To me, a strong moderator is essential for a smoothly
running list. With respect to the RHR exchanges, I have read several that
warrant the penalty box.
73,
Jim W8ZR

Sawyer