Re: Topband: VP8STI last night - Report from Maryland

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: VP8STI last night - Report from Maryland
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@bk-lk.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 10:33:54 -0500
Glad you made it Gary.

73, Les W2LK

On 1/22/2016 10:54 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
Bill,

Never say never. I worked them at 02:13 last night (Thanks Roger for
the email today saying you'd heard the contact). It was right after
they stopped working EU and I was waiting patiently on frequency till
I heard them CQ without the EU designator.

The Hi-Z triangular was a saving grace for me, I would like one of
the Hi-Z 8A variety.

Anyone have one to let go of? I'm also interested in a NCC-1; contact
me off list if you would.

73,

Gary
KA1J

 From Maryland, FM 19:

Armchair copy last nite from 2350Z until 0215Z this morning.  Some fading.
With my headphones laying on the bench, they were Q5 solid copy while
I was working on other projects waiting for them to call for "NA" instead of
"EU".
Never happened.

I stayed & listened until 0215Z when they faded out here.

I'm using a Hi-Z 4-sq.  Azimuth heading to VP8S is 155 Deg.  4-SQ heading
used was 134 Deg.

Bill N3RR