Re: Topband: VP8STI Humor, Design engineer trauma

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VP8STI Humor, Design engineer trauma
From: bob hervatine <n2ns@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 07:02:03 +0000
Absolute zilch heard on TB tonight here at my QTH in central CA (DM06) until
the last 30 minutes before VP8STI s/r, when I was blessed with a few random and
brief periods (of perhaps 10 seconds or less) of 'something' bubbling just
below my ability to copy. Last trace of anything was right at STI's s/r.

This is slightly better than the previous evening, when I had two brief 'almost
copy' rises.

VP8STI was near armchair copy on 80CW most of the evening when I'd go up there
to check. Still had cpy on 80m 30 minutes after VP8STI s/r.

Rx antenna here is a K9AY loop, but I'm not convinced a BOG or above ground
beverage would have helped that much the past two evenings.

(BTW, I am NOT the 'Bob' referred to by K9YC. I never tx-ed tonight.)

Congrats to all who DID make it tonight, and GL to those of us still hunting.

Bob N2NS
(central California DM06)