Re: Topband: CQ 160 CW Contest

Subject: Re: Topband: CQ 160 CW Contest
From: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 16:27:28 -0300
Hello,

Just reading the rules, don`t like this, how they can control it?

A new rule is added to allow the use of one and only one remote receiver
located within 100KM of the main transmitter site. WebSDRs are OK, but must
be located within the 100KM limit. The rule is designed to accommodate new
technology, and for those who experience high noise levels at the
transmitting site.

Will not hurt nobody here, but for those that are playing for top scores
maybe is a problem

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

> Just a reminder that the biggest 160 meter contest is coming up this
> weekend.  It starts at 2200 UTC on Friday and runs for 48 hours.
>
> Full rules can be found at http://www.cq160.com/.  Exchange is RST and
> your
> QTH for US/VE stations.  For DX - it is RST + CQ zone.
>
> One fairly new rule is that logs need to be submitted within 5 days of the
> end of the contest (unless you ask for a waiver).
>
> Hope conditions are good.  The VP8 operation will likely resume either
> during or after the contest.  I remember working VP8ORK during the 2011 CQ
> 160 contest - so it is possible to work DX during this contest.  ;-)
>
> 73 Tree N6TR/7
> Hillsboro, OR

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W