Re: Topband: Pulling out the weak ones

To: "TopBand" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Pulling out the weak ones
From: "David Raymond" <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 13:01:00 -0600
To: "TopBand" <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2016 12:57 PM
Subject: Topband: Pulling out the weak ones

. . .Condx to JA from here in Iowa this morning were quite good

From K9YC. . .Yes, it was a good night. Dave, W0FLS and Toni, N0NI, are two guys who
pulled my QRP signal out.

A friendly word to you guys running 10w to the gutter. . .please give us time to find which antenna/direction hears you best. That means sending your call more than once at 28 wpm. I will go through a dozen or so antenna different combinations/directions listening in diversity to try to hear you. It will likely take you calling several times for me to get it figured out. Please be patient and don't give up. Most of us running QRO want to work everyone. . .including the challenging QRPer and weak DXers. This morning I often stopped to listen for JA/Asia and was rewarded with 40+ QSOs interspersed with NA in a two hour effort. My first JA QSO this morning was Shige, JH2FXK, which took at least ten tries on his part. It's all great fun but often takes some time. See you all tonight! 73. . . Dave, W0FLS