Re: Topband: Am I the only one in step?

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Am I the only one in step?
From: Roger Parsons via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 19:39:16 +0000 (UTC)
I have received replies both on the reflector and privately.

Several suggest that the problem is that "160m antennas are narrow band". With
respect, that is an excuse not a reason. It is perfectly possible to match
(almost) any antenna at (almost) any frequency. People seem to manage it on
80m. And gracious, I am only asking that 7kHz out of 200kHz be set aside!

Others suggest that the problem is FCC regulations, or the lack of them.
Ignoring the fact that the FCC regulates only one country out of the whole
world, this is nothing to do with regulations except those that may be imposed
by the rules of a particular contest. It is entirely to do with being
reasonable and responsive to others.

I believe my proposal (or some variation of it) should be considered and
adopted by the contest sponsors.

Again I ask. Why not?

73 Roger
VE3ZI