Re: Topband: BCB High Pass Filter

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB High Pass Filter
From: jeremy maris <jeremy@maris.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 00:55:34 +0000
I noticed a bit of BC inter-mod so built a 9 pole Chebyshev high pass filter
dead bug style in a small diecast box with some internal screening made from
double sided pcb stock.   I designed it with the excellent RF filter design
package from Iowa Software, and used an LC meter to get the capacitor and
inductor values correct. Only took  a couple of hours to make out pf the junk
box using polystyrene caps and small toroids  - designed for 50 ohms with
corner frequency 1.5MHz and 0.2dB passband ripple.

http://iowahills.com/9RFFiltersPage.html

The filter response was almost exactly as the design showed, as measured on the
G4AQG spectrum analyzer - at least 50dB down at 1 MHz  and a local broadcast
station on 693kHz station is  now almost undetectable compared to 70dB over S9
or more without the filter.
Inter-mod has gone.

Jeremy G3XDK/G4AQG