Re: Topband: A 160m Noise problem

To: Ed Stallman <ed.n5dg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: A 160m Noise problem
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 16:50:39 -0600
I eliminated the noise from my electric fence charger with a few ferrite
beads slipped over the wire near the charger. They were Amidon FB-73-801
beads. I forget the Fair-Rite part number. It was as good as unplugging it.

If I had uncooperative neighbors, I might just quietly install those beads
myself at the right time and without saying a word to anyone. :-)

When I have line noise, I can usually eliminate it by either yanking on the
pole guys or tapping the pole with a 10-pound hand sledgehammer. Gently!

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com