Re: Topband: [Bulk] Ground conductivity

To: topband@contesting.com, Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: [Bulk] Ground conductivity
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 14:00:23 -0400
Grant,

Been at the same location for many years with that same Beverage antenna, same ground rods, optimizing it right after frost out.   Have had minor variations, but never 100 ohms change like this year. At  both ends of the antenna. (The far end is in a, better wear your boots, swamp.   Rain has had songs written about it  "The stain in Maine comes from the acid rain"   Now we have ever increasing carbon.   Lawn chemicals are seldom used up here by locals.-leaches into the lakes, ponds, streams- increases fish problems.
 73
Bruce-k1fzv

With SO2 aerosols from coal burning so reduced and acid rain likewise,
if anything, I would expect increasing ground resistance in ME, but that
depends a lot on the buffering capability of your soil (or maybe not if
it's ME granite!). I doubt climate change has much to do with seasonal
ground changes. Lawn chemicals probably also have some affect.
It would make great paper to show direct measurement of ground RF
properties vs season.
Grant KZ1W
Redmond, WA